Monday, December 22, 2008

blaze

I have recently discovered something I love doing. Burning paper.

I love the smell of paper as it turns to ash. I love the thin line of golden flame as it moves closer to your hand. Annihilating the wavering paper. A frame of gray blue, like in fairy tales. And smoldering paper. Rushing to the other edge. Flashing across. Flames dancing around, teasing, playing. And then the warm, lingering, all-comforting, enveloping scent.

I tried it first on a chilly morning. With a paper I had to burn, to save my grace.

Then on a cold winter night. The leftovers of my resumes. :P I turned a corner of my room into a sort of fireplace. :D I can still smell the beautiful, warm fragrance. It somehow comforts me. Eases my mind. Soothes my soul. I am yet to discover why I love it so much. Why it is slowly obsessing me. Maybe I will think later and find out.
:)

No comments:

 

Free Blog Counter