Friday, December 19, 2008

A love affair !

Got nothing better to do on a thursday night. Or might be friday. Cant remember and cant really be bothered. But since I'm sitting so jobless in my room right now, I thought I might as well make some good use of my time and try to think a bit and put that down. Cant trust myself to remember what I've been thinking ;) Since I'm listening to some random music, that's what I'd like to reflect on :)

It's been eleven years since I fell in love with music. And there hasn't been a day when I havn't turned to it for solace, comfort, to lighten my mood or just for entertainment. I've heard so much crap in all this time. Rock all through the ages and places, pop like girl bands and boy bands, punk rock and death metal, from some downright nonsensical Bollywood stuff to Hindustani classical and carnatic, from Pakistani pop, rock, sufi and semi classical to Arabic, Turkish and Lebanese pop, from Persian classical and metal to Indonesian and Korean conteporary, from Afghan to Spanish and Russian, trance, lounge, new age, regional Indian music, you name it! I did experiment with hiphop and rap and grew to detest it. Sincere apologies to the fans! Have also developed a strange fondness for Indian and Paki underground bands, including tracking their progress charts.

And what do I say about heavy metal! It leaves me in a crazy, induced, incomprehensible, all-forgetful trance. Makes me peaceful, everything around pure and serene all over again. It isn't just music, it's the end to every good or bad thing everywhere, it's every part of me.

My taste in music got all varied somewhere in the middle of my engineering when I used to bunk college and stay home to download music. I guess I have a Jal concert to thank for that! It was the perfect other activity I could pursue during my study leave. :D I remember downloading about 5-6 GB of music in my BE Project Lab, driving a lot of people mad in the process. :P I have absolutely no regrets in this matter! I doubt I could have learnt anything worthwhile by indulging in knowledge gaining pursuits. Instead I discovered a passion and a pleasure, and a trustworthy mate for all of life. Met a lot of amazing music lovers from all over the world. :)

So why is it that I like music so much, and listen to it 24x7 irrespective of whatever else I am doing, be it sleeping, working, studying. I guess it helps me relax, forget everything else, lose myself entirely, absolutely, supremely in its beauty. It weaves magic for me, somehow always managing to comfort me when I'm worried, tensed or scared, ease my mind, even working as a sleeping pill. Charms. It brings home ecstasy, it gives me a way to celebrate. Captivates. A psuedo excuse for elation. Conquers all other emotion. Enchants. A road filled with ecstasy. Allures. It lets me live. Fascinates. Survive in insanity. In apprehension, insecurity, tears, waves of time. A love, my life, my world. I guess I'll always be crazy about music.
:)

Beguiled. Mesmerized. Enthralled.

8 comments:

Jenish said...

well ur music helped me too :) thanx 4 dat. n let me tell u guys it IS AMAZING

Unknown said...

very well articulated. a comprehensive reflection about your sweet encounter (with music)extending on to highlight the the manifold pleasure u derive from it :)

Abhishek Agarwal said...

Altho I cudn't have written all that about music which you covered in the last paragraph... FS to the idea of music 24x7 :)

suteerth said...

first of all let me say apologies accepted!! ;p

i hope the affair culminates in a wedlock ;)

p.s. i still hate wehem !! x(

p.p.s but not more than i hate musti ;p

Serpentine said...

thank you all :)

@suteerth
i cant believe the only point on which our taste in music differs is hip-hop/rap! well, broadly anyweyz!! :P

and i guess u will be delighted to knw dat wehem broke up :P
in retrospect i do find them a lil amateur, but wid loads of talent ;)

and haan, musti rocks! his voice is awesum!!
:) :D :D

suteerth said...

omg omg omg you just made my day ;p

and musti doesnt rock! musti IS a rock :| x(

uski awaaz mein silvat hai! :D :D

Serpentine said...

only physically, especially if you see his expressionless face in the tera mera rishta video ;P

jab uski awaaz pe silvatein (i will take it to mean variations here ;P) padti hain, it makes the song even more amazing!
;D

Philosophical Anarchist said...

your music collection has a lot of variety and your sense of music is precise and unique...many of the songs you posted on your home page are quite timeless...

 

Free Blog Counter