Friday, December 26, 2008

glaze!

Not exactly an article, just a passing thought. It's almost the end of the year and the last five months of my life have gone by in a flash. And in all this time, the word I have used, spoken, thought, felt most often, closest to my state of mind and emotions, has been 'frustrated'!

(I don't need these walls around me!!) Pun on round brackets intended.

Like I've written before, just staying alone in my room makes me feel incarcerated. Life is depressing enough thanks to the term end exams. It all feels so strongly negative, I think it might be suicidal. But I'm really happy and excited that I'll finally be going home for a week, a REAL vacation!! Not the two day leaves, read saturday-sunday which would be holidays anyway, sometimes interspersed with programs and conferences, they give us and then ask "So you are back after a refreshing break?" Looking forward to my purposeless roaming around Bombay :D, and catching up with friends, et al.

So now I feel suicidal and ecstatic intermittently, sometimes at the same time. Well, I guess that's the life of a first year student in IIM A. Probably can't help it. Wow! What a life!

4 comments:

Abhishek Agarwal said...

Bombay is a fun place to be ..... a place where you can forget the other bits of your life....!

Btw, u seem to have had a lot of time on ur hands in December, no ? ;)

Unknown said...

mmmm sounding very pessimistic pixsi..this place aint so bad

Too much crap said...

Yes sweety... can totally understand the feeling... first year here is one of its own kind...leaves you speechless...but trust me, also leaves you with memories of a lifetime

Serpentine said...

@abhishek
Bombay has its own charm! No place can ever compare with it! :)

December was a "free" month, wasn't it? :P

@mohit
I am allowed to sound pessimistic somewhere at least, ain't i? :P

@mahima
i understand :)
and i guess that is what makes life's experiences beautiful
:)

 

Free Blog Counter