Wednesday, January 21, 2009

random musings - part 1

I have been pondering over the truth of these words.
Fight first with your head, and then with your heart. And think, hate, love.
Human emotions and the way we make choices are way too complex to try to sort or understand. It is important to have reason and practicality in everything we do or make happen.


I tend to get very obsessed about certain things. Things I feel strongly about or ones I am deeply interested in. The infatuation grips me like a fever. It takes away a lot of my time which is not a very nice thing to happen especially at times like these. I guess the best thing to do is to get yourself involved in lots of things just to get your mind off a single one.


At times, I feel like a teenager. With a lot of confused thoughts and feelings. And uncontrollable periods of moodiness.


Today at dinner time I found myself suddenly plunged into a deep philosophical discussion on an individual's style, whether he lives solely for himself or for the world, free will and the truth of our choices.
Is everything that is going to happen in our lives written by the hand of fate or do we truly determine our choices and the course of our lives? No one knows for sure. But I do believe that destiny has a path sketched for all of us. Whether that path has our choices written on it or not, I do not know, though I believe so. Faced with making a choice at any point of time, I do not know what is already written or what I am meant to choose. So, at that point of time, from my perspective, it is still a choice that I make under my own free will. Maybe, the truth of that choice, from a universal point of view, is questionable. But, it is still an individual's decision whether to agree or decline,go for one way or another, work hard or waste away.


I really like these lyrics
"rakh nahin parda koi mujhse aye jaan" from zara sa (jannat)
"tujhme hai kuch aisi subah sa, jiski khatir main tha jaga sa" from maahi (raaz)
Why? Good question. I feel this strong emotional attachment to them, though I cannot really relate to them through any personal experiences.

5 comments:

suteerth said...

rofl@lmao.lol when I came across this classic line --> I really like this lyrics ;p

there was something about it which reminded me of random "about me's" from Orkut. ;p

its almost as if you had written this two years back and it somehow found its way forward into the future and straight to your blog ;p

anyways it was good to see the juvenile loveleen back even if for a fleeting second and we will have a healthy discussion about destiny sometimes soon ;)

Serpentine said...

you insult me! :(
but i guess i asked for it by writing that line :P

and i really do feel like some high school kid has written this! ;)

and oh yeah, i sure look forward to that discussion, now that i have plenty of free time :D

Unknown said...

Wow !! where did this heavy philosophical stuff come from??

exorcist_001 said...

abe dopey...never knew you were capable of such deep thoughts...good writing though i don't necessarily agree with the content...i feel you make your own destiny by your choices and it's not written beforehand

Serpentine said...

@werewolf
a direct result of the incessant grinding inflicted on our minds over here
;D

@arbit
mujhe kaunsi waste cheez samajh rakha hai!!
and yes, you talk abt the other side of the age old argument :)
wud love to discuss dat further

 

Free Blog Counter